Thursday, December 9, 2010

A day in the life- it sounds bad but I wouldn't have it any other way!

A typical day. I'm not sure if other entrepreneurs would agree on the hours, maybe it's my dyslexia that slows things down or the scope of my project (which is vast) but my days are very packed. I'd love to hear from others out there on their typical day.
This is a week where I am preparing for an event so there is more to do than usual, but my average day is at least 12 hours. I know I am a true entrepreneur because even with 12-16 hour days I still wouldn't want to quit and return to the 9-5 workforce- that would be the worst thing I could possibly imagine! This may be different for you. Some folks like structure created for them, I like to build my day when I wake up and go from there.

11:00am wake up- I'm a late riser usually between 11am-1pm. I don't do mornings, mainly because I do late nights, I have a saying- nothing that good happens during the day!

11:00am-12:00pm- Coffee and The Price is Right- my vice, during commericals plan my day. I have an open word file on my desk that I add to throughout the day, it could be for the day, the next day, the week, the month or the year. I find this works very well for me.

12:00pm-1:00pm- Photo shopping images for the Angel Photography

1:00-2:00 Dropping off post cards in the Junction Area- also to Wise Daughter's

2:00pm-2:50pm- I head off to my local Social Assistance Office/ Employment Centre to use their free computers & printer(There are hundreds of these in the city- draw back most have a limit of 10 printed pages per day- but they are flexible if you chat with them) - ink is expensive and still not something I am willing to spend money on, especially when just a few minutes walk away I can get it for free.

2:50pm-3:00pm- Email- there is always a sea/ chat with my friends Deb and Caro while working. Also I find myself apologising alot for not returning calls/ emails. The volume is pretty crazy if folks only knew..... Also folks think that we are a full staff, when we are only me (right now).

3:00pm-3:30pm Update Face book with images for the Angel Sale while being on hold for 35 minutes with Revenue Canada- HST question- round five err no this is six actually.

3:30pm-4:00pm Complete and re-send 211 application- my original format can't be read because I used Open Office- If I had a dollar for things I have to redo on this computer.....

4:00pm-4:30pm Back to the sea of emails/ face book messages- I have two emails accounts and Facebook. I use the two accounts to manage business from personal, but this is the body politics, the personal is the professional

4:30-5:00 A quick stroll to my beloved library- books waiting for me!

5:00pm-7:00pm Imagine Canada Research- It's so incredibly rich with resources- thus dense as dense can be, probably thousands of pages, I need a team to get through this and I'm working on assembling such a team (check email responses from volunteers)

7:00pm-9:00pm- Website work, redo my rabble.ca posting, and yes you guessed it email.

9:00pm-11:35pm Flyering local churches in the area with Angel Supporter flyers....Church/ Angel thought it was a good connect. Cold ass night- cold alert in effect.

11:35pm dinner with my baby

12:00am-1:30am Photo shopping- Create an poster for the Angel Investors (watch a little Jon Stewart while doing such)

1:30am-2:00am- Email checking/ Face book - everyone is sleeping so I can finally clear out my mail boxes

2:00-4:00 working on frames/ painting/ sanding etc.

4:00am fall asleep while reading

P.s. I of course eat through out the day!!!! Usually while working or on the bus/ while out running errands

No comments:

Post a Comment