Friday, April 23, 2010

Mood swings used to be P.M.S now they are b.i.z.

Wow look over some of my entries today. My moods are so up and down. The smallest criticism and I'm ready to pack it in.. I need some separation between me and That's Women's Work. Now that I am a business operator I think about things....I can't imagine how a restaurateur would survive the impact of a bad review or a singer/ songwriter, oh I can't imagine! I wonder where is the line between critic and creator. Truly aren't we as artists so critical of ourselves. How can others even fit into the monogamous relationship of me and my art? The difference in my humble opinion between an artist and everyone else is that audacity to push past that critique in my head that thinks my line isn't straight enough, or thick enough or the right colour... I'm not sure what that is pain, privilege, poverty, anger, joy? I guess it differs for each and every artist. So how does one, by that I mean me, reframe mistakes and use them to grow. The concept is so grown up... Not sure I'm there yet or at least that's what my critic would like me to believe. Happy Friday, MIchelle

No comments:

Post a Comment