Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This is what my life looks like now...

It's 2pm. I just woke up, I worked until after 3am last night, then I was so excited I couldn't sleep. Excited not worried. So many pans on the stove (is that the saying?). I'm trying not to let money be a barrier I have to keep reminding myself... grassroots..... grassroots. I don't need a huge advertising budget ( I'm sad I can't post in Bust's June/July issue, the 1300 just isn't an option on our own, but in the future we'll be there!). Women will build this, not postcards, 1/2 page ads in Bust ;0( or expensive lecturers. Women.... My 46 page business plan is done! I know my business like a lover, its herstory, its flaws and its hopes and dreams. I'm exchanging painting a house for a serious proof reading. Then off it goes for consultation with VLS- Volunteer Legal Services- to get help starting the non-profit and assistance from MAS in ensuring it operates smoothly. Both free services! I'm using the money earned from the May 8th craft sale to pay for all the provincial and federal registration fees. Working on trying to figure out how the hell to raise the funds to open our doors in a space on Roncesvalles! Michelle

1 comment:

  1. That is very exciting, Michelle! You are really starting something great here and I am so happy and proud to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete