- monitor and control social justice movements
- divert public monies into private hands through foundations
- manage and control dissent in order to make the world safe for capitalism
- redirect energies into career-based models of organizing instead of mass-based organizing capable of actually transforming society
- allow corporations to mask their exploitative and colonial work practices through "philanthropic" work
- encourage social movements to model themselves after capitalist structures rather than to challenge them "
Time for a public forum! Who will organize the conference???
Agree or not http://www.endeavourvolunteer.ca/wp/conversation-starter/why-donations-must-go-towards-administrative-costs/ opens a dialogue about non profits and administration, very interesting!Michelle