Thursday, February 11, 2010

Everything I need to know I learned at a Catholic Women's League Bakesale

Whether I agree with the politics (which I don't) or not, I realised today that I acquired so many skills as a child at my church's "womens" events. I definitely learned how to organize, how to bring the community together and most importantly I learned the secret strength and power of women in a movement. I learned all the old school skills from large scale fundraising to social networking (in rural areas before the Internet). I learned the value of a phone tree and acquired solid skills in building something from nothing. I learned that a simple pie or cookie can be the heart and driving force of a movement. Michelle
P.s. Image from academiaandme.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment